ADB had a "make-over" on its portal site early this year. I think the idea is to make it a one-stop shop which they are, bit by bit, able to achieve. At the onset, most staff found it "confusing" because they got used to the old look and form. But for me, I learned to appreciate it right away because I know that this enhancement is good for all of us in the long run. The new portal will provide you with the latest updates at a quick glance, they also added lots of interesting features like entries/articles written by new staff (New Faces), by staff who transferred to another department/division or have already left ADB (Moving On) and by staff who have talents and stories to tell (In the Spotlight). I always check if there are new entries on these added features, by reading these articles, I get to know my colleagues on a "personal level."
I learned from a new officemate/friend that she received an email requesting her to provide picture/s and answers to some questions which will be reflected on her entry. I just thought that, if I am a new staff and will be required to do the same, what will be my answer to the questions... Well, here it is (this is on assumption that I joined ADB as a Senior AA and not as Legal Operations Assistant...)
Ryah is very grateful for being a part of this international institution with a very "humane" and note-worthy vision and mission of reducing and eventually eradicating poverty in Asia and the Pacific.
You in a nutshell: A simple lady with a sophisticated and often elaborate wishes and desires. Someone who, if given the resources, will use up her time in studying world's arts and cultures, in traveling and getting hands-on experiences by dealing and actually living with the poorest of the poor and richest of the rich. Someone who, at the end of the day, knows and appreciates what really matters in life, that is, her faith in God and her family (and friends).
Your new role: Senior Administrative Assistant to the Director of South Asia's Agriculture, Natural Resources and Social Services Division.
Why ADB: ADB, as an international organization, has a very respectable reputation and is known to be a very stable company which provides good benefits and competitive compensation to its staff.
Greatest success: Being able to study and graduate in one of the best universities in the Philippines (University of Sto. Tomas) and being able to land a job in ADB!
Persons you would most like to meet: Agnesë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu (Mother Theresa of Calcutta), Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Monsieur Louis Vuitton :), John Grisham, Oprah Winfrey, Daphne Osena-Paez
Favorite books: ADB: Reflections and Beyond, How to be Lovely: The Audrey Hepburn Way, Green is the New Black, Tuesdays with Morrie, The White TigerFavorite movies: Funny Face, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Serendipity, The Devil wears Prada, Sex and the City, The Pelican Brief, Pretty Woman, Erin Brockovich, If Only, The Slumdog Millionaire and a whole lot more!
Definition of fun: time with husband, family and friends
Your greatest indulgence: "will be" on travel
Who inspires you: My mother and all those who work hard to support their family, individuals who serve for the poor and who work to uplift their lives
***
I am glad that I joined ADB in 2005 and not one of the "new faces" because I didn't have to make an article like this, I am not sure whether I will be so willing to share this side of my life with the whole institution. And I will never ever exchange for anything else all of my experiences for the past 5 years, the learnings and friendship I had with my wonderful supervisors and colleagues, the friends I gained and I will keep for a life time. I thank God for my work, for ADB and for my mentors and friends.
Your greatest indulgence: "will be" on travel
Who inspires you: My mother and all those who work hard to support their family, individuals who serve for the poor and who work to uplift their lives
***
I am glad that I joined ADB in 2005 and not one of the "new faces" because I didn't have to make an article like this, I am not sure whether I will be so willing to share this side of my life with the whole institution. And I will never ever exchange for anything else all of my experiences for the past 5 years, the learnings and friendship I had with my wonderful supervisors and colleagues, the friends I gained and I will keep for a life time. I thank God for my work, for ADB and for my mentors and friends.




No comments:
Post a Comment