Sunday, February 14, 2010

My kind of Day(s)!;)

My boss was in India on business trip and my husband attended company's team building in Tagaytay for almost three days (11, 12 and halfday of 13 February), so I took this chance to take a leave for two days (Thursday and Friday) and spend time with my parents and sister. Since my sister had some tutoring to do, only my parents and my aunt picked me up at my place Thursday morning, we went to mall of asia (MOA) to have lunch, after lunch, my aunt already went home and the three of us went to Greenbelt to watch a movie. We transferred to Greenbelt mall because the movie that I wanted to watch was not showing in MOA (I personally prefer Greenbelt over other malls, and MOA is just too big!). We arrived at Greenbelt a little past 1pm, Case 39 was showing at 2pm so we had some time to have coffee and dessert while waiting. My dad just ordered brewed coffee while I had "mango, tango crepe" and an iced-fruity drink. My mom was still feeling full from our heavy lunch so she didn't order, I just shared to them the yummy crepe.

Case 39 is a good movie, it is very intense and the story is unique and unusual. The three of us didn't get sleepy, my mom "always" sleeps when watching a movie so I teased(and congratulated) her for not sleeping this time. ;) We're out of the movie house at around 4pm, the day's still long, so I asked them if we could still walk around and window shop. I thank God because my parents are still strong and in good health condition (I hope this will last for a very long time..). We strolled at Greenbelt 5 and passed by Landmark and then Glorietta. My mom bought a new cellphone at Nokia in Glorietta. We passed by Executive Optical (EO) and I convinced my dad to have his eyes checked so we can buy a suitable eyeglasses for him. His birthday is on 18 February and a new pair of eyeglasses would probably be the best birthday gift I can give him.

Before 7pm, we decided to go home, as I would stay overnight at my parents' home, we went first to my place to get a few of my things. Before finally heading home, we stopped by Maty's(known for best tapsilog) and bought tapa, barbeque and sinangag for dinner, it's been more than a year since I last had this for dinner with my family, yummy! ;)

When we arrived home, my sister was not yet there so we ate dinner without her... As I always do when I was still single, after eating dinner, I would watch tv until I get sleepy. I fell asleep at the sofa, and just transferred in my sister's room past midnight.

The next day, Friday, the three of us plus my sister had breakfast together, it's been long since I had breakfast with them. After breakfast, I washed a few of husband's and my clothes, yes, I brought some dirty clothes to my parents house so I "could wash" them. While waiting for the washing machine to finish, my mom and I had time to chat, I love chatting with my mom, we can talk about anything, after lots of things we talked about, I ended up requesting her to look for a house for husband and me since she and dad have more time to look around. My husband and I are looking forward to having our very own home, we are praying that God will bless us a beautiful home in a friendly community (safe and accessible area) with friendly neighbors.

In the afternoon, my parents and I went to SM Sucat to buy some groceries. We had dinner at home and at 9pm, we traveled to my place, and they got back to their place afterwards. I spent the night alone because my husband was still in Tagaytay.

These two days would probably one of my happiest because I got to spend full time with my family again. When you are already married, you tend to appreciate your parents (family as a whole) more.

*Being with my parents made me feel and act rich. Don't get me wrong, I feel rich because everytime I am with them, I feel like giving them everything they need, I want them to get the best medical care so they will stay healthy and strong, I want to take them to the best restaurants and watch movies with them often. I want to give them a nice and comfortable place to stay in. If only I have all the resources, I will provide only the best for my family.

1 comment:

  1. pinaiyak mo ko! ayaw tumigil ng luha ko! naalala ko si papa at silang lahat..

    ReplyDelete