I consider Christmas as one of the most celebrated occasions. I get excited with thoughts of vacation, reunion with family and friends, parties left and right, shopping, gift-giving and -receiving, though I have to admit that this season is also sometimes stressful especially if I don't have enough time to shop and of course, money to be spent in shopping is also a big consideration. Because of this, though not intentional, I tend to give generic gifts to almost 75% of my relatives and friends, only about 25% of them, my closest family members and closest friends, get to receive a personalized gift. In the future, I will try my best not to give generic gifts so that will mean that I have to start shopping as early as I can, maybe in September of every year, if not earlier. Good luck!;)In the coming years, I want to have my gifts to be wrapped in an eco-friendly plain beige-brown paper and I will just embellish each gift with small Christmas trinkets, I want a classic, elegant look for my gifts. I have been wanting to do this kind of gift-wrapping but I failed in 2008 and 2009. I saw the gift wrapper that I like in "Kultura," but it is not being sold. They use it in wrapping gifts bought in their store. Kultura is a local store of Philippine products located in SM malls. I know there's an alternative gift wrap of this kind but it is out of stock in National Bookstore. In 2010, I will no longer wait for November or December before I buy this kind of wrap, if I see an alternative elsewhere, I will already buy it.
In the past three years and also this year, I noticed that I have been receiving beauty products (lotion, soaps (solid and liquid), body wash, body scrub, etc. I, myself, ended up on giving lotion, lip balm, hand sanitizer and pocket liquid soap this year. But these beauty products are not just beauty products, they are pro-Philippines (locally made), pro-poor (gives jobs to our less fortunate brothers and sisters who are beneficiaries of Gawad Kalinga homes), and pro-environment (ingredients are all natural and organic). I'm really a sucker for earth-friendly products. From now on, I will be an advocate in giving this kind of products/items in the coming years. I also want to be more prepared in giving gifts by having a "Christmas fund," I will set aside atleast P1,000 a month starting January of every year to be used in buying gifts, by December, I will already have atleast P12,000.
This note on Christmas Gifts will not be complete without my wishlist, I know this is really late for 2009 but too early for 2010.;)
* wrist watch (I liked some styles in Bench but will still like to look other options in Swatch.)
* bag organizers (might need 4 to 6), I can actually buy this for myself, the problem is the space to put it, I will have to ask my husband's permission if I can set up most of my bags at the back of the door of his office space at home.
* hermes bag-look-alike that I saw in Glorietta 5 (I am currently at the stage where I can settle for "look-alikes" in form but not knock-offs, I hope you know what I mean ;) I have this bag, looks like a LV Neverfull in form but has a flower design, no print of LV monogram or anything that will give an impression that it is an LV bag
* comfy flat shoes in different colors and prints, I have finally accepted that my feet can't stand heeled sexy shoes
* shirts, blouses, dresses, skirts, pants, slacks, shorts, in short, clothes ;)
* undies and hankies
* Kamiseta travel bags in peach and green (in preparation for my first out-of-the country travel in 2010)
* digital camera - lumix or leica?;) wish, wish, wish;)
* sunglasses
* wallet (I still have to look for one, no specific style in mind, but it has to have card slots and small pockets;)
I guess that's it for now, just look at my Birthday wishlist for a more comprehensive list;)
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
***Let's not forget that Christmas is not only a season for gift-giving but most importantly, it's a season to reflect and to give time, honor and homage to our Lord Jesus Christ. To Christ be the Glory!!!
In the past three years and also this year, I noticed that I have been receiving beauty products (lotion, soaps (solid and liquid), body wash, body scrub, etc. I, myself, ended up on giving lotion, lip balm, hand sanitizer and pocket liquid soap this year. But these beauty products are not just beauty products, they are pro-Philippines (locally made), pro-poor (gives jobs to our less fortunate brothers and sisters who are beneficiaries of Gawad Kalinga homes), and pro-environment (ingredients are all natural and organic). I'm really a sucker for earth-friendly products. From now on, I will be an advocate in giving this kind of products/items in the coming years. I also want to be more prepared in giving gifts by having a "Christmas fund," I will set aside atleast P1,000 a month starting January of every year to be used in buying gifts, by December, I will already have atleast P12,000.
This note on Christmas Gifts will not be complete without my wishlist, I know this is really late for 2009 but too early for 2010.;)
* wrist watch (I liked some styles in Bench but will still like to look other options in Swatch.)
* bag organizers (might need 4 to 6), I can actually buy this for myself, the problem is the space to put it, I will have to ask my husband's permission if I can set up most of my bags at the back of the door of his office space at home.
* hermes bag-look-alike that I saw in Glorietta 5 (I am currently at the stage where I can settle for "look-alikes" in form but not knock-offs, I hope you know what I mean ;) I have this bag, looks like a LV Neverfull in form but has a flower design, no print of LV monogram or anything that will give an impression that it is an LV bag
* comfy flat shoes in different colors and prints, I have finally accepted that my feet can't stand heeled sexy shoes
* shirts, blouses, dresses, skirts, pants, slacks, shorts, in short, clothes ;)
* undies and hankies
* Kamiseta travel bags in peach and green (in preparation for my first out-of-the country travel in 2010)
* digital camera - lumix or leica?;) wish, wish, wish;)
* sunglasses
* wallet (I still have to look for one, no specific style in mind, but it has to have card slots and small pockets;)
I guess that's it for now, just look at my Birthday wishlist for a more comprehensive list;)
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
***Let's not forget that Christmas is not only a season for gift-giving but most importantly, it's a season to reflect and to give time, honor and homage to our Lord Jesus Christ. To Christ be the Glory!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment