Monday, January 04, 2010

What 2009 has blessed me...

In January 2009, I wrote my resolutions, goals and plans for the year in my Belle Du Jour planner.

Here's the exact list, I have highlighted in red the ones I achieved:

Personal life goals:
1. learn to cook more dishes
2. be the best better half (b.h.) to my b.h. :)
3. become more domesticated
4. read more books, watch more movies - I did read books but not as much as I wanted/planned to
5. travel, travel, travel!!!;) - my b.h. and I did travel but only locally..

Fitness goals:
6. exercise regularly, attend yoga classes, play badminton

Financial goals:
7. save up P100,000 by December 2009 (time frame Jan-Dec2009)

Career goals:
8. get promoted to level 5
9. attend more trainings/seminars/workshops

Out of 9 goals, I achieved 4, hmmm... need to work harder in 2010.

Out of Town travel - for the 1st half of the year, we had the chance to have our "2nd honeymoon" in Baguio in March (this is our first time together in Baguio, thanks to our Ninong Pabling and Ninang Cherry for the free accommodation), we went on road trip with friends from Cabanatuan to Ilocos in May, we were able to visit many landmarks in Ilocos, we had so much fun with our friends and we are all looking forward to this kind of trip (annual summer get together), and lastly, my husband and I joined our office summer outing in Laiya, Batangas, the place is called Acuatico Resort, such a haven, we would like to come back to this resort because it's just too beautiful, we also enjoyed spending time with our friends and I got to tag along my parents too!

Out of the Country travel - our finances did not allow us to travel out of the country this year but it's ok, we can always do it some other time

Get promoted at work - this blessing is one of the greatest blessings for the year, I started applying for a promotion in July, I got promoted in October on my third application, I can say that it is an achievement to get promoted that fast in a very short period of time. I am truly blessed in every aspect of my life and I just couldn't stop thanking Him for everything.

For 2010, I have the same goals as 2009, except of being promoted, I would probably work on that again in 2 years, one additional goal (actually, more of a prayer/request) is to get pregnant and deliver a normal healthy baby ;). Lord, please bless us.;)

Before the year ends, God has blessed us with a car. This is not something that we really planned for 2009, (but my husband and I have always dreamt of ;)), it just happened that since my husband starting going to office daily just like me, we felt the need to have a car that we can use in going to office (we used to get stressed out when we couldn't find a taxi to bring us to the office), in visiting his family in the province and we can also to go places on weekends (Tagaytay, Ecopark, Antipolo, my parents' home in Paranaque, etc.) if our finances and schedule will can allow it. We are very grateful for this blessing and for all the blessings we received in 2009. Thank you Lord for letting things happen, I thank you for everything! All glory we give to You!

*For 2010, I didn't buy a planner (just trying to save up and start the year right ;)...). Good thing, a friend gave a planner(issued by their company), a small one, just enough to fit my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment