It’s been 10 days since I celebrated my 31st birthday.
2 months before my birthday, I mentioned that I have only one birthday wish, it’s not a thing but a condition/state of life. I said that I would reveal it if it would be granted, well, it is not yet granted. I always believe and trust in God’s perfect timing. If something I wish for is not given to me within “my time frame,” I know God is still working on it, He’s making it much better that I expect it to be, God will give me the best as He always does, when I am ready for it. So for now, I will continuously pray for it, I am patiently waiting for God’s perfect time.
While waiting for that only birthday wish to be granted, I “thought” of giving myself a birthday gift, a material one. This is not part of my plan. I didn’t think about it because I knew in my heart that if only that birthday wish was granted, I would be the happiest person and I would not need anything more. But since it is not yet granted, I gave in to this one thing that I have always wanted but can’t quite rationalize into buying because it is expensive, at least in my opinion…. I am not a techie person so buying any of the techie gadgets is always a struggle. My cell phones through the years were not expensive, the only “expensive” phone that I had was a gift from bh. Remember, I had my very first laptop just last year, a few months before I turned 30.
I have always wanted to have an ipod since it came into being, I even included it in my birthday wish list for 2009. It is only today that I finally decided to buy one online, it will be delivered in 5-7 days. I can now listen to Bo Sanchez’ powertalks, to my favorite songs, and to Spanish audio lessons anytime and anywhere, this new Ipod has an FM radio too. This morning, when I checked my gmail account, I saw an email from Apple, it was about the new Ipod Nano Multi-touch, it was love at first sight. ;) Aside from the “physical beauty,” which always comes first ;) (just like when I bought my laptop), I also checked the features and technical specifications, I guess 8 GB is more than enough file capacity for my need. When you buy online, you have the option to have your ipod personalized by engraving your name or whatever you like at the back, of course I had my name engraved on it. I was torn as to which color to get, gold or red, but when I saw that red is “Apple Store Exclusive,” I chose red. And then it dawned to me that red is my “unofficial” favorite color. Just recently, my friend Alica asked me if red was my favorite because that time, I was carrying a red bag and a red wallet. In my last year’s birthday wish list, I even indicated “ipod nano (red, 16GB)” and totally forgot about it.
Well, this ipod is my belated birthday gift for myself and also my advanced Christmas gift. ;)





friend! its so cute! dalin mo agad sa saturday ha nang mahawakan ko naman!
ReplyDeleteNice. Did you get red? Likey.
ReplyDelete