One of the very firsts on my 31st is it was declared a holiday by President Noynoy, not because it's my birthday :), it's because it was the end of Ramadan, Eid ul Fitr. I didn't benefit from this proclamation because ADB does not recognize Eid ul Fitr as a regular holiday, so I had to file a leave.
I woke up very early in the morning on my birthday, 10 September, which falls on a Friday this year. If my birthday falls on a weekday, I take a leave from work, simply because I want to spend my special day with my family.
I went to UST Chapel, Santisimo Rosario, to hear the 7:30am mass. After hearing the mass, I decided to stay for awhile, I read a book entitled God never blinks by Regina Brett, a birthday gift from mi amiga Gillian, I sat on a bench facing the "football field."
It was my first time to hear mass at UST Chapel on my birthday and also my first to read a book in front of the football field though I studied in UST for 4 years, I usually read academic books at the library or in my room at home or at the dormitory. I just enjoyed the moment, the book, the morning sunshine and the peaceful environment.
At around 10am, after reading a few good chapters of the book, I left. Wanting to do many firsts on my 31st, I headed to a mall near my parents' place and had my hair treated and trimmed. At around 1pm, my parents and sister met me and we had lunch, my bh called me and greeted me, he was out of town for work. After lunch, I wanted to watch a movie, well, I wanted to watch "Sayo Lamang" but my sister wanted to watch "Despicable Me." So instead of watching a movie, I did another first on my birthday, my mom and I went to "Nail-a-holics" to have a manicure and pedicure. I don't usually get this kind of pampering, well, I'm not used to it, I just avail of it once in a blue moon, my last prior this was last May, I badly needed some pampering that time and I saw a very stylish and very Victorian boutique in Megamall which offer these services so I just tried it out. My sister already went home, she wanted to sleep, my dad also went home to pick up my car so I can use it for the first time on my big day. I continued reading the book while getting pampered, and then after a while, my mom and I dozed off for 10 minutes or so. By the way, I liked the color of my nail polish, it is called "Coffee Break" by Orly. My dad arrived just in time, he brought a pair of slippers for me because I was wearing a closed, flat shoes, not good for a newly-polished toenails.
After buying some bread and ice cream, we headed to the parking lot, my dad drove it first and he let me drive it in C5, just near SM Paranaque. My dad brings me there to practice driving using his car, twice already since last month, this time I am drivng my own car for the first time. I was so happy after the practice, driving, though makes me a bit nervous, is therapeutic for me, I don't know, but it just gives me a different feeling, a very good one. After the practice, we went home. Just in time for dinner my bh arrived! I was so happy to see him, he made it on my birthday though he's so busy at work! My bh completed my birthday!;) I am so thankful to God for making 31st birthday truly memorable and unique because of the many firsts. ;) I also thank God for my bh, my family and very dear friends who continue to inspire me and give me every reason to be happy and to appreciate the beauty of life. ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment