Just recently, I wrote about how I will live a simple life. I have mentioned there that I have 40 pairs of shoes that's why it’s easy for me to keep myself from buying more shoes and be contented with what's in my shoe cabinet.
Honestly, I got bothered about the number of shoes I have and more so, about the knowledge that almost half of it, I have no plans of using anymore, not because they are "decaying" as termed by mi amiga Claire, but because I just don't want to use them anymore. I have that "attitute", if you can call that attitude, there will be a point when I will get tired of wearing a particular pair of shoes or a piece of clothing. I know deep within me that I will no longer use it (even it's still in good/mint condition) and it is better if someone will benefit from it. With clothes, I have no problem, I just pass them all to my sister, but since we don't have the same shoe size, my shoes accumulate in the cabinet.
I was thinking of having a garage sale but I was half-hearted, I don't think my parents' neighbors will buy my shoes because they are either really used up (might as well give them away) or they are relatively new, used only once, (I can sell them only for half the price but it will still be expensive for a garage sale). So I decided to keep the new ones (heeled shoes) and wait for my appetite to wear them to come back.
Then just last Sunday, the solution for the other set of shoes popped up. My aunt from the province and her daughter, my cousin, visited us.
Voila! "This is it! Spring cleaning time!" I asked them to get all the shoes they liked from my cabinet, good thing they are also size 7, there were 30 pairs in the cabinet(I only set aside 4, I'm not yet willing to give them away), the other 10, mostly heeled, are in the office, yes, I have a mini-shoe cabinet under my desk.;) After convincing and literally forcing them to get any pair they liked, out of the 26 to choose from, 11 pairs were left, so I was able to give away 15! Yes!! Now I have some spaces for new shoes! Just kidding;), I am still committed to living a simple life,
25 pairs are still too much for me though I am happy that 15 pairs will be used and will not just "decay" in my cabinet. I also gave them 6 bags and a few other things, they need it more than I do, I have enough bags, and besides, I don't have a good container/cabinet for bags so having a lot is not advisable at this time.
They left our house, happy and thankful, they didn't know that I am happier and more thankful, I know that they will be able to use those shoes and bags and therefore, no money will be wasted. Now, I am not bothered anymore and one big task off the list!




No comments:
Post a Comment