Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Best Birthday Gift(s)

Aside from the gift of life, loved ones and friends that God has blessed me with, which, of course, I consider the best gifts, I, for this entry, will write about the best material gifts I have received for my 31st.

Last Monday, 6 September, the start of my birthday week, mi amiga (and officemate) Ivy sent via internal messenger a book entitled "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian. She borrowed the book from her mother-in-law and thought of sharing it with me. I started reading it that same day on my way home and before bedtime. Though the book was just lent to me, I consider it as a gift (don't worry, I plan to return it to Ivy:)). After reading the first chapter, there are 30 chapters, I felt that God used Ivy (and the book) to send HIS message across. I felt that the book was written for me, God wanted me to know HIS plans for my life. I finished reading it in just three days, I will certainly buy a copy for myself, it’s available at our local bookstores. I strongly recommend this book to all wives and soon-to-be wives. There's also a version of this book for husbands.

Mi amiga Lianne has wonderfully said it in one of her blogs and I wanted to quote her, she said “As always, GOD has HIS ways of talking to us in the least expected place, time and event.”

Another best gift I received was given by mi amiga Gillian a day before my birthday, the book is entitled God never blinks by Regina Brett. Aside from the book, I also loved her note on the gift tag, here it is:

The subtitle of the book is "50 Lessons for Life's Little Detours," as of this writing, I have read 36 lessons. I believe I am experiencing a detour in my life right now, a big one, but because of God, it is "becoming little." I guess that's what happens when you learn to lift everything up to GOD and you start to count on HIM wholeheartedly.  The book is very inspiring, every lesson is enriching, touching and worth-remembering, you will get to appreciate every single day of your life, every loved one, every blessing and every trial that will come your way. Again, with this book, God has sent HIS message across. If only I have the resources, I will give every loved one and friend a copy of this book.

These two books are not just gifts from my dear friends, they are gifts from God, that's why there are the best.

this is the watch, it can now take a leave
The third gift, the last but certainly not the least, is my bh's gift, he had not only given me his time, he literally gave me (a) time(piece). And I really love it. He knows what I want, though I can't remember mentioning it to him, I have been thinking of buying a watch since last year but I just can't spend for it because I still have a watch and I'm happy with it (you can conclude I'm not really into watches, one is enough). The watch that I am using was my dad's gift to me on my 18th birthday, so that means my watch is 13 years old (but still looks new)! I have probably used it for 8-10 years already, I had a few watches before, cheap ones, which I got to use as alternate to my favorite piece. Now, my favorite, long-serving, special watch can rest, for I now have a new favorite piece, a gift from my beloved bh.;)

To God who has blessed me with all the tangible and intangible gifts, I THANK YOU, words aren't enough to express how grateful I am for everything in my life. I am truly and wonderfully blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment