Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What a Year!

In 10 days, I will be turning 31, before I bid goodbye to 30, I would like to sum up all the blessings, accomplishments/achievements and blessings-in-disguise that I received for this year.

Last 10 September 2009, I celebrated my 30th in a very simple but memorable way with my bh, family and a few friends.

A month after that, 11 October to be exact, my bh and I celebrated our very first wedding anniversary, we spent the whole day together, we dined out and watched a movie.

In November, my bh was hired by one of his clients as a multi-media artist, it was such a blessing for us, my bh and I liked his office and the location, he was given many responsibilities but he's enjoying it.

In December, we bought our very first car as a couple to make our travel to and fro the office much convenient and to also travel out of town once in awhile.

In January 2010, we went to Tagaytay twice, first was to attend our friends' wedding, second time was to unwind and get some fresh air after my bh got sick for several days.

In February, we celebrated our 2nd Valentines as a couple.

In March, my bh turned 31! Thank God for another fruitful and lovely year! My bh was sent to Davao for a few weeks to start on a project, it was a good opportunity for him to work at the headquarters and to meet his counterpart and other management staff. I didn't know exactly when he was coming back, his stay in Davao got extended several times, and then when he finally got his return ticket, he didn't tell me, he "connived" with my parents and he surprised me! I was so happy because my bh was back, I really love pleasant surprises by him. ;)

In April, my bh and I together with Gillian and Eia went to Malaysia and Singapore, it was my first time to travel out of the country, my bh's first time to go on leisure trip, previous trips were all work-related, and it's our first time together outside the Philippines.

In May, my bh and I spent two days in Oakwood, it was a very relaxing weekend for us, much-needed especially by bh because he's too busy at work. I also attended for the first time a two-day Life in the Spirit Seminar by Rivers of the Living Water, it was such a wonderful, life-changing experience for me. Before summer finally ends, my sister and I went to Bagac, Bataan with my OGC friends, the place was unique and we really had a great time.

In June, the President we voted for was proclaimed and inaugurated.;) Of course, I consider this a blessing, I had voted several times at the national elections, but this was the first time that my choice actually won! Aside from that, I started attending on a regular basis the Feast at PICC, I've always wanted to attend Bro. Bo's Feast, thank God I finally made it.

In July, I had my driving lessons, finally. I also bought a very cheap, second-hand(non-operational) car for myself, my dad is still fixing a few things before I can finally get to use it, hopefully before my birthday, it's "good to go!" Thank God, my dad is a mechanic!

In August, I included in my daily routine two additional 5-10-minute walks for the day, one at around 10am and the second is at around 3pm, this is my way of a very simple exercise while in the office. Just last week, I started attending Circuit (Mondays), Aerodance (Tuesdays), Taerobics (Thursdays) and Cardiodance (Fridays) at lunch, it lasts for almost an hour, different sessions daily, my target is to attend atleast 2-3 times a week, this is a major, major accomplishment for me! ;) I was not able to exercise for atleast two years, it feels great to work out and to really sweat! For this month also, I enrolled at Instituto Cervantes to learn Spanish, another achievement and a dream come true for me.

This is just a summary of my 30th year, definitely a lot of things happened, I chose not to write about the painful experiences, I only included the happy highlights, half of the accomplishments, if not all, were achieved because of the trial that I am going through. If not for this trial, I will not think of improving myself, I will not be able to realize God's plan for my life, I will not exert an effort to reach for my goals  to become a better me and I will not have a deep relationship with God as I have today.

As of this writing, 10 days before my special day, I am still faced with this trial. Though it will not keep me from believing that God will bless me with a very happy, memorable birthday and another year. I trust that He will grant my birthday wish.

Having the list above of my year's highlights, I realized that at 30, I was able to improve in every aspect of my life, physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual. Now, I am pleased and truly grateful. ;) I can say that I have achieved the most when I am at my lowest. I thank God for blessings-in-disguise. Lord God, thank you for this life, thank you for giving me strength and reasons to hope, trust and believe every single day,  thank you for making my 30th truly remarkable.

All Glory be to GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment