Monday, May 24, 2010

Once in awhile...

I love summer, I really do.

Summer is the best time to go out and have fun with family and friends under the sun. If given the time and resources, I would love to go back to Boracay and Acuatico in Laiya, Batangas every summer. So far, Bora and Acuatico define my idea of a perfect summer get-away. ;)

Though I have another idea of a perfect summer get away, this one is not outdoor, not hot and can be done even after summer and within Manila.

Last May 8-9, we had our company summer outing in Oakwood Premier in Ortigas. Our department already had 2 batches of summer outings in Batangas, which my colleagues and I did not join, luckily, we were given an option to spend it in a hotel, so we chose the newest, nearby hotel, Oakwook Premier. 

Since my husband was in Zambales from 7-8 May for their company summer outing, I invited my sister and parents to spend the day with me in Oakwood while waiting for my husband to arrive. We checked in at 3pm on 8 May, we were so happy because the room was so huge, very luxe and relaxing.

Here are some photos taken from my sister's camera:


















Before dinner time, my parents went home already because my mom had to attend her regular Saturday commitment. My sister and I went to Megamall for dinner, we went back to the hotel and my sister went swimming at the pool while I just read a book near the pool area. 

My sister stayed with me until the next day, but she left early because she had to attend to Sunday church activities. My husband arrived at the hotel at 3am from Zambales, we had breakfast at 10am. We were supposed to check out at 12nn, dreading to leave this cozy and very relaxing place, we decided to extend for one more day, anyway, we didn't have anything to do at home and the next day was a holiday, 10 May, elections day.

My husband and I enjoyed our stay and we thought of doing this once in awhile, especially when we are extremely tired and truly deserve some pampering.

How about you, what's your idea of a perfect summer?;)

No comments:

Post a Comment