I have been attending Bo Sanchez' Feast every Sunday in PICC for almost 3 months already. Last week, the topic is about Talent, this is the 3rd part of a 4-part series, the first part is about Total(giving and doing your all), 2nd part is about Time, the last part which he will discuss this coming Sunday is about Treasure. He said during his talk about Talent that God gave all of us talents, but there are people who say that they don't have one, and I am one of those people. I always say that I don't have any talent, I can't sing well, I can dance but it's not really pleasing to see ;), I can cook but just basic cooking, and so on... I felt guilty because what he said was right, God gave us talents but the problem is people don't discover it, mainly because we have not said yes to opportunities that might possibly reveal our talents. I don't join any organization or club, so there's really no opportunity for me to atleast discover what I am good at and what I can share in a group or community. That talk was an eye-opener for me, because of that talk, I am now determined to achieve something, to learn a new skill. I will start with the things that I already know but have not really given much focus on, I always wanted to be a good cook, if only I have enough resources, I would definitely enrol in a culinary school, but for now, I will just study at home and cook new dishes using my cookbook, I will try my best to become a good, careful and confident driver, I will study Spanish as I have always planned.
After hearing that talk in less than a week, I inquired at Instituto Cervantes and in UP Diliman about their Spanish program, Instituto will start on 21 August while UP will start on 18 September, I ended up choosing Instituto because of its proximity. I have never felt this certain, I know that this is what God wants me to do, so I have finally decided to study Spanish and I just enrolled today! Thank you very much to my two dear friends, Rocel and Grizelle, for the inspiration and encouragement. Thank you also to mi amiga, Lianne, I told her about this plan and little did I know that she has the same passion to learn Spanish, so without so much thought, she enrolled too! After ten years, we are classmates again! ;) We are really excited! Instituto here we come! ;)
**
Cuidate mi amiga! ;) - Cuidate means take care, I learned this from Rocel
Hasta la proxima! ;) - this means until next time, this I learned from Grizelle




hola, mi amiga!
ReplyDeletesee you sa sat!
told mom about this, bakit daw hindi sa culinary school tayo mag-enroll! tas nabasa ko, gusto mo rin. gusto ko but not in my future plans..hehe! lets see where this adventure we're taking together takes us!