Listography according to Wikipedia is a book and personal web application which allows users to create and share lists. Through list-making, users can shape an autobiography and create references for themselves and others. Some common types of lists are: favorites, wishlists, to do lists, catalogues, memories, and photo lists. Users are sometimes called listographers and their collection of lists are referred to as listographies. Listography is a trademarked name.
I have noticed that most of my posts are about lists of things about me, about the things I like, I wish for, things that I have done and would like to do, and the list goes on! hehehe
Last 2 October, mi amiga Lianne and I planned to go to Greenbelt 3 after our Spanish class to watch one of the movies being shown during the 9th Spanish Film Festival. We wanted to watch Celda 211, a direction by Daniel Monzon, it's about a prison civil servant who gets trapped in a riot on his first day of work, and has to pretend to be one of the prisoners to protect his life. Among the five movies scheduled that day, Celda 211 is the most appealing to Lianne and me, the movie got 8 Goya Awards in 2009 (16 nominations) including the best film, best director and best starring character. I thought that it might be something like Prison Break, one reason I wanted to watch it, but since it's showing time was set to 12mn, we were not able to watch it. I will just borrow the dvd from Instituto Cervantes' biblioteca one of these days.
It was quite a long time since mi amiga Lianne and I went to Greenbelt so we took the chance to go window shopping and we also went to Powerbooks where I bought 3 books, 1 for me (I finally bought a copy of the "Power of a Praying Wife"), and the other two books I've given away as gifts for my dear friends.
The first book is for Gillian's birthday, it's entitled "The Carrie Diaries" by Candace Bushnell. Gillian told me about this book, she first saw it in Bangkok during her stopover from Italy, she didn't buy it because she's not yet done with "Eat, Pray, Love." So I checked it online and thought it might be the perfect gift for her. I gave it more than 2 weeks before her birthday just to be sure that she hasn't gotten a copy for herself.
The second book is for Lianne, her birthday was last 18 June, I was supposed to give her a different gift but I didn't have time to go to a particular store to buy her "request" ;) I "persuaded" her to choose a book instead. She chose "The Tears of the Giraffe" by Alexander McSmith.
While I was at the Cashier counter, I saw a notebook with the word "Listography" written on the cover, I got curious because of the word and the design of the cover. So I got it and browsed the pages, it's like a journal, well, it is a journal with interesting "list topics" inside. I wanted it but controlled myself from buying it, it's P800++!!! Before Christmas, I would force someone to give it as a gift for me, my sister or mother, most probably. ;)
For future posts, you will read more of my listographies. ;)
Below are different listography books/journals. Take your pick! ;)
I like the "My Future Listography!"
By the way, today is Gillian's birthday!
Feliz Cumpleaños mi amiga guapa! ;)
Feliz Cumpleaños mi amiga guapa! ;)










No comments:
Post a Comment