Monday, June 15, 2009

One Fine Day

I've been excitedly looking forward to this particular Saturday, 6 June 2009. I am scheduled to use the gift certificate given to me by my boss as Christmas present in 2008. It will expire on 10 June so I have to use it. The gift certificate entitles me a spa treatment, it is called Zen bodyworks, it is their signature massage, an integration of the traditional concepts and techniques of shiatsu with western osteopathic and therapeutic massage.

"This 90-minute therapy aims to free the flow of energy along the meridiens, thereby releasing tension, balancing the body and mind, and normalizing physiological functions. This treatment ends with a 10 minute relaxing back massage. The result is soft, silky and glowing skin." - Neo Spa

My husband accompanied me to the spa, he was "not in the mood to get some pampering" so he just waited for me. The facilities are good, the ambience is really relaxing, the staff are courteous, the over-all service is an A. The treatment felt like a total pampering experience for me, after getting really busy at work, at home, after getting exhausted during the summer get-aways, having this treatment is very timely. Now my muscles are not as tensed, I feel recharged and energized to face the tough world again. I am thinking of getting this treatment or something equivalent atleast thrice a year. We all need to get pampered once in awhile, we deserve it after all the hardwork. Right?;)

After having the treatment, my husband and I went to Serendra and Boni High Street, we strolled for awhile. I entered some boutiques, mostly bag and shoe stores. I liked 1 bag in Charles and Keith, it's a cream colored bag, it has two front zippered pockets and the handle is red, but since I'm still on bag ban, I didn't buy it. I liked, actually "loved" 2 bags in Aldo, both are crossbody bags, this kind of bag, I really don't have, so I would probably buy it soon, hopefully atleast one of them is still there. We entered at Dimesione and Make Room, we enjoyed "dreaming" on having our own home and finally being able to buy good stuff for the house, nice furnitures and appliances.

We got tired from our leisure walk so we decided to eat dinner already. My husband introduced the restaurant Mary Grace to me last year, they serve a wide variety of pasta, since I'm a pasta lover, we didn't find it hard to decide where and what to eat. I enjoyed our food, my husband ate a tomoto-based pasta while I chose a cream-based pasta. I very much cherish our time together, especially during meal time because this is our time to chat, to just talk about anything and everything under the sun. But when we are dining out, it seems that the ambiance invites us to talk about something more serious, about future plans, which seldom happens since my husband is not the planner-type, that's why I appreciate it a lot when we plan and talk about the future, it gives me assurance which a wife like me needs. After eating, we walked some more and finally went home. My husband didn't bring a camera because he just wanted to relax and enjoy the day and the place, so we have no concrete remembrance of this day, that is why I decided to have a written account of it. I will always remember this one fine Saturday and hopefully we will be blessed with more of this kind of day.

*I didn't know that there's a movie entitled "One Fine Day" ;) George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer looked so young in the poster. The movie was released in 1996, I was just 17 years old that time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment