As some of you may know, my current supervisor is a Japanese, a typical Japanese, workaholic and independent. He seldom gives me "work" to do. Thank God I have other work responsibilities aside from assisting him, so most of the time, those other responsibilities are keeping my "occupied."

I transferred in my current department last 16 November 2009, so I am 7-month old in my current post. In our department, it has become a "practice" to bring "pasalubong" everytime someone goes on mission (business trip) or on long vacation leave. The first time that my boss gave me a pasalubong was when he went to his home town in time for Christmas, when he returned in January, he gave me chocolates and candies from Japan, it was totally unexpected and I was the only one who got a pasalubong from him. In February, he went on mission in India, two days before he came back, I took a leave to spend time with my family while my husband was out of town. When I came back to work, there's a toblerone tube on my desk. I looked around if my other colleagues had the same on their desk, there's none so I assumed that the chocolate came from my boss. When I entered his room, I said "thank you" for the chocolate, he was taken aback and I realized that it didn't come from him so I apologized... it was really embarrassing!!! But the good thing is, after that incident, he brings pasalubong for everyone, not only for me, everytime he goes on short vacation in Japan or on mission.Well, I guess, when a person is being pushed to his/her limit, when a person is having a really hard time in life, you get to appreciate every single "blessing," even the smallest things, even the barely-noticeable act of kindness or gesture, you get to see them and appreciate them.
Thank you Lord for every instance, for every person that you send my way, I feel your loving presence thru them... Thank you!




No comments:
Post a Comment