As much as possible, I try to hear Wednesday mass weekly. It has become an essential part of my life. Today, I was so blessed to hear mass. I felt that the priest's homily is directed to me. He used a powerpoint presentation for his homily, the whole homily touched me and gave me inner peace. One of the slides says "When God comes into your life, you will certainly be disturbed. He does so to rearrange it. Be assured that the result is more beautiful than what was used to be."Now I know, God is rearranging my life, He wants to realign my way of life in accordance to His will, He is using this trial to bring forth a better me, to bless me and all my loved ones with a life pleasing to Him, a life of service to Him.
The priest also presented a prayer written by Francis Drake, an adventurer.
Here's the prayer:
Disturb us, Lord, when
We are too pleased with ourselves,
When our dreams have come true
Because we dreamed too little,
Disturb us, Lord, when
With the abundance of things we possess
We have lost our thirst
For the waters of life;
Having fallen in love with life,
We have ceased to dream of eternity
And in our efforts to build a new earth,
We have allowed our vision
Of the new Heaven to dim.
Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly,
To venture on wilder seas
We shall find the stars.
We ask you to push back
The horizons of our hopes;
And to push back the future
In strength, courage, hope, and love.
This we ask in the name of our Captain,
Who is Jesus Christ.
******
Thank you Lord for disturbing my seemingly "comfortable" life so I can soon
experience a fuller life with you as the Captain.Knowing that You are rearranging my life makes me feel so peaceful,
disturbed yet peaceful...





No comments:
Post a Comment