I will always remember Singapore as my first taste of what a first-world country looks and feels like.
How I wish that the Philippines is as clean and as developed as Singapore, how I wish that Filipinos are as disciplined and concerned to keeping the environment clean and the surroundings in order.
We arrived in Singapore afternoon of 24 April. I was speechless, the airport is just so vast and it looks like everything is modern and advanced. Maps and guides are free!!! Their train system is admirable because of its precision and safety. We didn't have to leave the airport to go to the train station because it is connected and when we left the station, our hotel is just walking distance from train station. We liked where our hotel is located, Beach Hotel, well, I guess, most hotels in Singapore, if not all, are likable because of its accessibility, cleanliness and safety. We felt very relaxed in our room, it's so clean, it has a mini-ref, and a bathtub too!
On our first night, we met a friend, a schoolmate in UST, who started working in Singapore February of this year. We met at Suntec City, a huge mall, where there's a very huge fountain and there was a fountain show that night which we were able to watch. Our friend, Grizelle, toured us within that area, we ate dinner at Lau Pa Sat at around 11pm already because Jomark had so much fun taking photos around, especially at the fountain show and at Boat Quay. I have no photos to show because my camera, Chelsea, is just for day shoot. I will share some photos which I have yet to get from Jomark. ;)
The next day, Jomark and I left the hotel at around 10am. We went to Mint Museum of Toys, a 5-storey building, showcasing toys from many generations up to the present. Jomark and I were so overwhelmed with the vast collection of toys, arranged by themes. Some of the toys are being sold from 50-25,000 USD!!! Jomark went gaga in taking photos of the collections, statues and posters. Again, I have no photos to show because my camera, Chelsea, is only for day (and outdoor) shoot. I will share some photos with you taken by my husband soon! Jomark bought a poster (with a very unique robot print with a caption "Batteries not included....(forgot the rest of the line)) and a set of paper placemats (with vintage racing car designs) as souvenir. We spent 3 hours in this museum and really had so much fun!
Photos below were taken on the same day, 25 April, after our visit at the museum. We went back to Suntec City to eat lunch and roam within the area. We went to Marina bay and again, took some photos.
Taken at Marina Bay
A baby girl enjoying her "me" time at the bay ;)
Jomark in action
Singapore Flyer, view from Marina Bay
Guess why I took a photo of this couple ;)
One of the amazing things in Singapore is - most cars are luxury cars!!
If you want to see Singapore in a day, take that tour bus ;)
We went back to our hotel at around 5pm to take some rest and freshen up. Before 7:30pm, we headed to Merlion Park. Gillian and Eia were already there. But we separated ways because Jomark had to take photos of the Merlion. We again walked around the area and stopped once in awhile everytime Jomark sees something worth taking photos of. We reached Clarke Quay at around 1030pm and stopped there for another photoshoot. ;)
We returned to our hotel at around 12mn. It was such a long day... but I was not sleepy yet, so I already started packing our things, because our flight back to Malaysia is at 2pm the next day, we had to be at the airport at 12nn, we still had to buy some pasalubong at Bugis. So from 9am until almost 12nn, we were at Bugis, we bought most of our pasalubong there, mostly bag hooks, key chain and jiggers.
* In Singapore, aside from the fact that almost everything is expensive, I really didn't have the chance to go to malls and tiangges, so the only souvenirs I got for myself were 1 Singapore Dollar bill, a few coins, a bag hook, a post card and a ref magnet. ;)
My husband and I will surely make time to go back to Singapore, we loved it there. And since we didn't have the time to go to Sentosa Island, that would be on our priority list next time. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment