I've been in "constant" communication with a dear friend thru email lately. She's one of my closest best friends from high school. She's in the US with her husband for I guess more than 2 years now. We are both very happy to have started "chatting" about family, having a baby, dreams and hopes as a wife, work, day to day experiences, home, travel, inclination to "investment" bags, etc. I am learning a lot from her, I hope she's also learning some things from me. We are at this stage of hoping to have our very own home, hopefully soon, because we are so looking forward to turning our thoughts into reality when it comes to building and creating our personal interpretation of "home, sweet, home."
I am also delighted to know that she's into "investment" bags, she prefers Bottega Venetta (BV) because the brand is very unassuming but the products (especially the bags) are of very high quality. She actually has 3 BVs already, all bought in eBay and all are brand new!!! She told me that I can also look for LV bags in eBay and if I find something that I really like, she can "bid" for me, by doing so, I can save up so much because the shipping cost will be very minimal if it will be sent within US, anyway, she will be in Manila in July, most probably, so she can bring the bag with her. She's the same friend who bought the Luxe Paris travel guide for me. ;) Lucky me!! ;)
Well, last Saturday, I was home alone ;) (my husband was with his friends, they watched Fire Fall Down perform in Quezon City, Joews, one of the band members, is their friend, he's currently residing in the UK, just here in the Philippines for the concert) I tried to look for LV bags in eBay, the brand new ones are really expensive so I tried to search for LV St. Cloud bag, this type of bag was already discontinued so there's no way I can find a brand new of this kind. If there's one used bag that I will buy, it would be St. Cloud, I found one which is in a very good condition and being sold by a "top-rated eBay seller." The bag is for bidding, bid price starts at $325, if my memory serves me right, but you can buy it right away at $375. There were 2 days plus ___ hours left to bid when I first saw it. Since I am not fully decided, I am 70% into buying it and 30% not buying it because of practical reasons, I didn't do anything yet, I still have more than 2 days to think about it, I would ask my friend first before I decide. Come Monday morning, I searched for it again in eBay, it was not there anymore!!! Oh no!!! That's it! it's not for me, fate decided for me! Well, better luck next time! I know St. Cloud will come my way again when I am 101% mentally, emotionally and financially ready for it!




No comments:
Post a Comment