Friday, September 25, 2009

Up..

I seldom finish a movie.. unless it's about love (mushy, chick flick), marriage, fashion, mystery/suspense (crime, court trial), it has to be fast-paced and really interesting. Given this, I also seldom watch cartoons or movies catering to kids, unless friends told me that a particular movie is funny and/or touching, I try to watch it.
While I was sick at home last Wednesday and I couldn't do anything but lie down, I watched Up. I got hooked from the start up until the end of the movie, I love the characters, Carl and Ellie. As kids, their common interest is adventure (which lasted until their old age), they were childhood sweethearts, who eventually got married. They help each other in every task, they do things together, they have a common time to read and they hold hands while reading (aww!!!)... I found it so sweet.. they go on picnic, they love balloons and taking pictures, they save up together. Ellie loves to "document" important occasions by keeping a scrapbook and compiling pictures, drawings and articles from newspapers, magazines, etc. They have this lifelong dream of adventure, they would like to "transfer" their home into the wilds of South America by "flying." Watch the movie and know how Carl fulfilled their ultimate dream, unfortunately, Ellie was not able to wait for the dream to get fulfilled... see why.. I also love the character of the cute, boyscout named Russell, Carl's companion in his last take on adventure.I got inspired with this movie, I learned how married couple's life can be adventurous and simple at the same time, how love and friendship can make marriage work and last a lifetime, how doing things together and having the same goals can make a couple grow together and enjoy each passing day. I look forward to spending a lifetime with my husband, enjoying simple things together, having the same goals and interest, keeping the love and friendship always alive. I guess, marriage is not as complicated as it seems, its success and happiness all depends on the couple and their determination to keep it fun, adventurous and always intact. Let us also not forget that God has to be at the center of every married couple to lead them to a meaningful and peaceful marriage and family life.

1 comment:

  1. ako din! sobrang na-enjoy ko 'to kahit cartoon sya! i'll buy dvd of this! i love russel! and i admire and long for the love between carl and ellie!

    ReplyDelete