Friday, November 19, 2010

Feeling less guilty...

As mentioned on this post, I will try to get the LIMITED EDITION Starbucks Coffee Philippines 2011 Planner. As of yesterday, I already have 4 coupons, thanks to mi amiga Gillian for having Starbucks session with me yesterday... I was having a very painful "monthly" thing and I badly needed something hot to drink, thinking that it would lessen the pain but unfortunately, it didn't help... Well, it's ok, I feel better now.

Last night, I read an article in the newspaper about the Starbucks Planner, it was mentioned there that every redeemed planner comes with a donation to SparkHope, Starbucks flagship program for early childhood care and development in partnership with UNICEF. Knowing this, I feel less guilty in pursuing this "want."
13 cups to go! ;)
"Starbucks together with UNICEF launched SparkHope, a giving-back-to-the community programme that allows each Starbucks store in the Philippines to adopt a barangay and provide for early childhood care and stimulation for children below six years old in that barangay.

A SparkHope corner can be found in every Starbucks store. It shows photos of the adopted barangay and information on UNICEF's early childhood care and development programme. A donation drop box can also be found there.

Customers earned stamps for drinks they purchased. After earning a specified number of stamps, customers can redeem an annual planner. For each planner, UNICEF receives a P50 donation.

Since November 2004, the SparkHope project has raised close to P1.7 million for UNICEF's early childhood care programme and for the victims of the December tsunami." - UNICEF Philippines/Support

No comments:

Post a Comment